Saturday, May 25, 2013

Curating


I used Edmodo for my curating  assignment. I liked it enough but I had trouble navigating. My school uses Edmodo in freshman English so the students will already be familiar with the site. I plan on using this next year in my classes for small group work and also for enrichment. I find a lot of neat things on the internet that I think my students would enjoy but we never have time to talk about it, this way they might look at it. I have a class website that I had been posting on but no one looked at it.
I have really liked Symbaloo and Bundlr seems very similar. The simplicity of both is the draw for me. I think I would use these more for myself (I use Symbaloo instead of a favorites bar) but I can see implementing both as a way to control where students go for information.
Another site I liked was Evernote. Evernote has so many options that could be used in a classroom. I liked that Evernote was set up like my cornell notes with a left and right side, the details were on the right and the short version was on the left.  However I struggled using the site and gave up in favor of Edmodo but, with all of Evernotes capabilities I think it would be worth trying again after a YouTube tutorial or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment