Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Technology Integration Matrix rating

I must first say that I have been making a concerted effort to incorporate more technology into my curriculum.  I have also tried to go in the direction of a more project based teaching style which is more student lead.  I have come across many road blocks along the way but one that keeps nagging at me is the available and acceptable use of technology where I currently work.  While I was rating myself in each category I found myself saying "I have a lesson plan for that but when I tried it I had problems with..." I have adapted so many lesson plans that I have found that incorporate technology into ones that don't.  I marked myself at very good at hitting all 5 of the levels of technology integration for construction and collaboration. Science lends itself well to these areas.  For Active, Authentic and Goal-setting I need improvement.
My goal for the end of the year would be to implement a lesson that I have that would help me in the goal setting area. I think focusing on one of the 3 areas I need to improve will help my success rate. I also want to keep these 5 levels in mind for next year. I think that if I plan everything out for next year focusing on the goal of implementing these 5 levels into my curriculum that eventually it will be automatic. Having a partner to collaborate with will also help me grow in this area. I am very committed to this type of learning environment so I think that motivation overall will help me grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment